Kamis, 29 Januari 2015

RECOUNT TEXT AND ITS GENERIC STRUCTURES



RECOUNT TEXT


WHAT IS RECOUNT TEXT?
Here is the explanation about recount text.
Recount Text
Is
A kind of text which tells us about past event, or someone experiences or maybe something happened in the past time.
What are the Characteristic way of Recount Text:
NO
GENERIC STUCTURES
EXPLANATION OF GENERIC STRUCTURES
1
ORIENTATION
Telling us about who is the main topic/ character, the place, time of the even happened.
Orientation is always in “Paragraph One”
2
EVENTS
Sequences of activity or series of the story.
Events are always in “Paragraph Two and Next before the last Paragraph”
3
RE-ORIENTATION
The closing story, the story here means “not unreal story but it’s the opposite”
Re-Orientation is in “The Last Paragraph”
4
TENSES
At this point we want to tell us about the someone real story happened in the past, so, we will use sentences in past tense.
Do you know the rules of Simple Past Tense.
If you still don’t understand about Simple Past Tense, 
Clck here “Simple Past Tense"

The Purpose of this text is to tell past event or someone experience.


Below is the example of Recount text:

1.       My Unforgotable Experience When I Rode a Bicycle at The First time.
My name is Benny, I had a beautiful and unforgotable experience I did. It was when I was eight years old, it was in 1983. One day, I wanted to learn how to ride a bicycle but I couldn’t do it.
 In the afternoon at three o’clock, My brother and I took a bicycle to ride, then we chose a slow down road to run away our bicycle. After talking for few minutes, we decided to run it down then we stepped  up to the saddle and sat it. Slowly we moved our bicycle down along the road but there was something wrong with us when it was on the right part of the bend road not far from our house. Do you know what did happen to us? Yeach, the bicycle slipped out of road toward the side road gap. Suddenly we dropped to the road gap and our cycle hung onto a separated coffee tree for about four meters from the ground. We both tried to get our cycle but we couldn’t, then we directly went home in crying.
When we arrived at home, our parent asked me where our bicycle was and we told him that our bicycle had hung onto the coffee tree. After hearing the information that the bicycle was not with us to home, he started to be angry. He hurried up to the place where we hung our cycle to take it. We cried, hoped that he wouldn’t be angry to us but the more we cried the more he were being angry. The louder we was crying, the faster he became angry. At the same time, our mother came and asked our father to stop being angry. After few minutes later, my mother wanted us to be hurried up to take a bath because the day was almost dark.
As usual for  every evening, we used to meet together in the dining room to discuss anything, maybe about our experience or study at school or anything. Special for the evening, our father discussed about our unforgotable thing in the afternoon when we got accident with our cycle. At the time, our father wasn’t too angry, he just advised us not to be careless for the next time. It was not because of his cycle but also it was for our safety.

Answer these questions based on the reading text above?
1.       What is the type of the text above?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2.       What is the title of the text above?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3.       What are the generic structures of the text?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
4.       What is the purpose or the aim of the text?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5.       What is the writer’s name?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
6.       When did the writer got a bicycle accident?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
7.       Who took out the cycle from the coffe tree?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
8.       The first paragraph of the text above is called ...........................................
9.       The series of story of the writer is called ...................................................
10.   Why did the writer fell off the road and hang his cycle onto the coffee tree?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



This is another example of Recount Text

About 

My Best Friend, Haruka

In Senior high school, I had best friend from Jepang. Her name was Haruka. She was beautiful, smart, and low profile. Because of that, many people loved her, included of me. Even though she was from foreign country that considered by many students she would be arrogant, but Haruka was different. She was a good girl.

Haruka and I became good friend each other. I was really glad having friend like her, although she was from rich family and I wasn’t. She enjoyed having a friend like me and there was no problem, for her, to share everything to me. For the example, when she had something, like knowledge, foods, or even gifts, she would give to me. Then, I did the same thing like her, if my mom made  food in which my mom usually made  traditional food, I would give that food to Haruka. We ate together, we had fun together.

One day, I was invited by Haruka’s family to attend Haruka’s birthday. I came to the building where she held her birthday party. I was very surprised when I looked to the building. It  was very luxurious and the entry had a quite beautiful decoration. I felt afraid to go inside. So, I only waited on the outside of the building, more precisely, I stood by the fence. After several minutes, I saw Haruka went out from the building. Oh my god!, she saw me. Soon after that, she came to me and asked why I did not come in. I did not answer, I only smiled. Then, she said to me that her birthday would not be started without me. I was very touched in hearing that and I hugged her. Then, Haruka and I came in. Many guests had arrived and suddenly they looked at Haruka and me. I was very shy. Then, the party started. Before that, Haruka’s parents introduced me to the guests that I was the best friend of her daughter.

Furthermore, the thing that made me surprise that Haruka’s family wanted me follow them to holiday in Japan next month. Off course I want because it must be interesting experience. Many people gave applause to me and Haruka’s family. I was so touched and on that place I wanted to cry. I was fortunate having friend like Haruka and knew Haruka’s family well.



To see the translation of this story,
You can click this to visit:

Indonesian Recount Text, Haruka  

Recount of My Morning
 
or
My Best Friend, Haruka translation

And

Four Other Kinds of Recount Text

My Experience in Bali
My Holiday in Pontianak
Province Basketball League
Valentine's Day 
 


1 komentar:

  1. I serve this recount text for you to guide you about recount.
    The generic structures
    The example of Recount and its questions
    The Link of Simple Past Tense, because all the sentences in recount text are using Simple Past tense type.

    BalasHapus

EXERCISE ETB PAGE 71 - 74

 GRADE VII ENGLISH EXERCISE Page 71 to 74 Hello guys, Are you okay today? I hope so. Smart English Education viewers, in this case I want to...